How do I add an extra day to a calendar every four years

  1. #1
    paddymack
    Guest

    How do I add an extra day to a calendar every four years

    I am creating an appointment book and want to accomodate the extra day every
    leap year. If D3=2006 than D35=1 March but if D3=2008 it must be 29 Feb. I
    need two formulars in one cell to accmodate the variation in D3. Can anybody
    help?

  2. #2
    Mangesh Yadav
    Guest

    Re: How do I add an extra day to a calendar every four years

    In cell D35, enter the formula:
    =DATE(D3,1,1)+59
    and format it as dd mmm

    Mangesh

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: How do I add an extra day to a calendar every four years

    No need for 2 formulas

    =DATE(D3,2,29)

    custom format as d mmm

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

  4. #4
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: How do I add an extra day to a calendar every four years

    You probably derive each date from a previous one by adding 1.
    No need to take care of the number of days in a month yourself; Excel will
    do that and handle leap years correctly.
    IOW if A1 is Feb 28 2006, adding 1 will result in March 1 2006, if A1 is Feb
    28 2008, adding 1 will give Feb 29 2008.

    --

    Kind Regards,

    Niek Otten

    Microsoft MVP - Excel