New user needing help with coming up with a formula

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Igniter
    Guest

    New user needing help with coming up with a formula

    I am very new to excel and could use some help trying to do a formula. On my
    worksheet Col B(Hrs Worked Today). Col C(Total hrs worked last 7 days). Col
    D(would be 70 hrs minus Col C). Col E(Total hrs worked last 8 days). I know
    the basic formulas to complete the above steps.

    B1 C D E
    10 50 20 60

    If I take a 34 hr rest period, I get a fresh 70 hrs which would put col c&e
    at 0 and col d at 70. I need a formula that will do this when I put an
    idenity (reset or 34 etc.) in B2

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: New user needing help with coming up with a formula

    I'm not sure how you're calculating column C now, but if I understand
    you correctly:

    C2: =IF(B2="reset",0,<your existing formula>)
    D2: =70-C2

  3. #3
    Igniter
    Guest

    Re: New user needing help with coming up with a formula

    Thanks JE I will give this a try. On col C I would put =sum(B2:B6) manually.
    Then the next cell I (b3) would put in =sum(B3:B7). Til i filled a full month
    period and just been copy and pasting a new month with the formulas. I knew
    theere probally is a easier way but I am new to excel.