[SOLVED] I have ad address in one column. I need to break apart the data

  1. #1
    Justin Patrick
    Guest

    [SOLVED] I have ad address in one column. I need to break apart the data

    I have a column which hosts address information and I would like to break
    aprat the data into multiple column into address column, city column, state
    column, and zip code column.

    the data in that column they have the same format here are some examples

    1134 first st., San Jose, CA 95132
    234 Main st., Santa Clara, CA 95050

    Can someone please help?

  2. #2
    Mangesh Yadav
    Guest

    Re: I have ad address in one column. I need to break apart the data

    2 step process.

    Step 1:
    Select the current column, go to Data > Text to columns. Select delimited,
    check the comma box and click finish
    This will put the address in first column, City in city column, and the
    remaining two - state and code in the third column

    Step2:
    Now Select the last column i.e. state and code, go to Data > Text to
    columns. Select delimited. This time select Space box and remove the comma
    check. Click finish

    Mangesh

    news:[email protected]...