Template

  1. #1
    Kyle
    Guest

    Template

    Here is my situation. Every month export two reports from QuickBooks into
    Excel. Report #1 is on one sheet and report #2 is on sheet two. I then set
    up several new rows that use various functions to provide me with data
    derived from the information I exported. This new data is needed to fill
    out sales and use tax forms for the parish and state tax agencies. How can
    I export this monthly information into a template so that all the
    programming does not have to be recreated? I would really appreciate any
    help with this. I can send a copy of the spreadsheet if that helps with
    this issue.

  2. #2
    paul
    Guest

    RE: Template

    save one of your old sheets as "master" or similar,delete all the old data
    but keep all the formulas and save again this time as a template xlt
    file(instead of a workbook).I ussually create another sub directory and save
    the template there although if you save the template in the same place you
    save your reports it wll save itself there later.next time you go into your
    directory you will see master has a yellow band at the top.if you double
    click or select new from the right click menu the template opens a copy of
    itself,"master1".if your imported data ranges are the same size you wont have
    to change your formulas etc.Otherwise you may have to move them to the bottom
    of your biggest range or insert your new data rows
    --
    paul
    remove nospam for email addy!