month

  1. #1
    jeremy via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    month

    I'm trying to set up a simpe line graph with months label on the x-
    axis....but just i can't label the months , just comes out the numbers 1 to
    12. Any help. The source data are months, and I tried messing around with
    the axis label but can't seem to cahnge it...
    Thanks.
    Jeremy

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: month

    If you're creating an XY-scatter chart, and your "months" are Text
    (i.e,. "Jan","Feb","Mar",etc.) rather than XL dates, that's what you'll
    get, since XL doesn't know how to convert "Jan" to a date.

    You could make a line chart, instead, or change your dates to true dates
    (even if you format them to only show months).

    If that's not what's happening, what form are your months in? Are they
    true dates or Text?

  3. #3
    jeremy via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: month

    JE

    Thanks for the reply. Its just a simply line chart (Sales per month). The
    months are just text (January, Febuary, etc) but they show up as "1" , "2"
    etc instead of "january", "febuary" etc....
    I tried changing the axis format, tried pasting the source data to new
    cells but can't seem to get the text as the labels...
    Thanks
    Jeremy

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: month

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "jeremy via OfficeKB.com" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Thanks for the reply. Its just a simply line chart (Sales per month). The
    > months are just text (January, Febuary, etc) but they show up as "1" , "2"
    > etc instead of "january", "febuary" etc....
    > I tried changing the axis format, tried pasting the source data to new
    > cells but can't seem to get the text as the labels...

    When I create a simple line chart (upper left subtype) with this data
    (text in column A, numbers in column B):

    A B
    1 Jan 10
    2 Feb 20
    3 Mar 30
    4 Apr 40

    I get a chart with Jan, Feb, Mar & Apr as the labels by default. Do you
    get something different?

  5. #5
    jeremy via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: month

    JE

    Ya i get something different. The months appear as "1" "2" "3" instead of
    "jan" "feb" "mar"....

    jeremy

  6. #6
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: month

    Dunno, then, that only happens to me when I use X-Y scatter chart, not
    Line.

  7. #7
    jeremy via OfficeKB.com
    Guest