changing all cells

  1. #1
    jeremy via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    changing all cells

    I have a bunch of spread sheet with project numbers. On some of the
    spreadsheets, the project number was written with a ' in front. How can I
    change a whole column of numbers with an apostrophy (sp?) in front to just
    the number without having to delete the apostophy in ever cell?

    jeremy

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: changing all cells

    One way:

    Copy an empty cell. Select your project numbers. Choose Edit/Paste
    Special, selecting the Add and Values radio buttons.

    Note that if your project numbers have leading zeros, this will
    eliminate them unless the number format includes them.

  3. #3
    jeremy via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: changing all cells

    JE

    Thanks!

    What about the opposite? (Column of numbers, add apostrophy in front of
    every number.)

    Jeremy

  4. #4
    gls858
    Guest

    Re: changing all cells

    jeremy via OfficeKB.com wrote:
    > JE
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > What about the opposite? (Column of numbers, add apostrophy in front of
    > every number.)
    >
    > Jeremy

    this handy little freebie has many functions like this built in so all
    you need to do is select then from a menu. I've been using it for some
    time without any problems. Standard disclaimer. I'm not affiliated with the
    company in any way or do I profit from it's use.

    http://www.asap-utilities.com/