Drop Down Menus in Toolbar

  1. #1
    MotherB
    Guest

    Drop Down Menus in Toolbar

    I am a new Excel user. My husband has a drop-down menu next to his AutoSum
    that allows access to Sum, Average, count, Min and Max. I don't have access
    to that menu. Is that about the version I am running or can I add it?

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Drop Down Menus in Toolbar

    That feature has been in Excel since Excel 97.

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Drop Down Menus in Toolbar

    This feature was added in Excel 2002, so if your version is earlier than
    that, it won't be available:

    Building formulas faster
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/as...346041033.aspx

    MotherB wrote:
    > I am a new Excel user. My husband has a drop-down menu next to his AutoSum
    > that allows access to Sum, Average, count, Min and Max. I don't have access
    > to that menu. Is that about the version I am running or can I add it?

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
    http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

  4. #4
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Drop Down Menus in Toolbar

    My bad!

    --
    Jim
    news:%[email protected]...

  5. #5
    motherb
    Guest

    Re: Drop Down Menus in Toolbar

    When I look at my system, it appears that I am running Excel 2003. Just for
    the record: is that "button" there in versions after 2002 or does it have to
    be added? I know I sound like a simpleton, but I'd rather ask.....Thanks for
    your help.

  6. #6
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Drop Down Menus in Toolbar

    If you have Excel 2003, that button should be available on the standard
    toolbar. Have you customized your toolbars? If not, you could try a reset:

    Choose Tools>Customize
    On the Toolbars tab, select the Standard toolbar
    Click the Reset button
    Click OK to confirm
    Close the Customize dialog box.