Question for dummy

  1. #1
    Yuri Weinstein \(HotMail\)
    Guest

    Question for dummy

    Hi all,

    I am trying to do the following:

    - have and Excel file that can be modified by multiple users
    - when user modifies it on close, save it as HTML and
    - send an email (with Active Sheet in the email body)

    I can get email be embedded into email body.
    Thank in advance for your help.

    YuriW

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Question for dummy

    Hi

    Try this
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder3/mail2.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    Yuri Weinstein \(HotMail\)
    Guest

    Re: Question for dummy

    It's actually does not work for me. Any tricks I have to have?

    Thx

    news:%[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Question for dummy

    Hi Yuri

    Do you have Outlook ?
    Do you set the reference (read the page)
    Do you copy the function also in the module

  5. #5
    Yuri Weinstein \(HotMail\)
    Guest

    Re: Question for dummy

    Thx Ron,

    I think I got it working. Is there a way to preserve format of XLS file?

  6. #6
    Yuri Weinstein \(HotMail\)
    Guest

    Re: Question for dummy

    Here is the code I came up with.

    Two problems:

    1. When user clicks No to send an email - I get an error
    2. I get an error in line "Set ts =
    fso.GetFile(TempFile).OpenAsTextStream(1, -2)" on close too

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thx

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    'WriteTwiki
    WriteTwiki

    Boolean)
    Mail_ActiveSheet_Body
    End Sub
    Sub Mail_ActiveSheet_Body()
    Dim OutApp As Object
    Dim OutMail As Object
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0)
    With OutMail
    .To = "[email protected]"
    .CC = ""
    .BCC = ""
    .Subject = "Test Systems useage has changed, please review"
    .HTMLBody = SheetToHTML(ActiveSheet)
    '.Display
    .Send 'or use .Display
    End With
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    Set OutMail = Nothing
    Set OutApp = Nothing
    End Sub
    Function SheetToHTML(sh As Worksheet)
    'Function from **** Kusleika his site
    'http://www.*****-clicks.com/excel/sheettohtml.htm
    'Changed by Ron de Bruin 04-Nov-2003
    Dim TempFile As String
    Dim Nwb As Workbook
    Dim myshape As Shape
    Dim fso As Object
    Dim ts As Object
    sh.Copy
    Set Nwb = ActiveWorkbook
    For Each myshape In Nwb.Sheets(1).Shapes
    myshape.Delete
    Next
    TempFile = Environ$("temp") & "\" & _
    Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy h-mm-ss") & ".htm"
    Nwb.SaveAs TempFile, xlHtml
    Nwb.Close False
    Set ts = fso.GetFile(TempFile).OpenAsTextStream(1, -2)
    SheetToHTML = ts.ReadAll
    ts.Close
    Set ts = Nothing
    Set fso = Nothing
    Set Nwb = Nothing
    Kill TempFile
    End Function

    Sub WriteTwiki()
    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs _
    Filename:="\\files.mercedsystems.com\qa-public\QA\DOC\instance_usage_new.html",
    _
    FileFormat:=xlHtml
    'ActiveWorkbook.SendMail Recipients:="[email protected]"

  7. #7
    Yuri Weinstein \(HotMail\)
    Guest

    Re: Question for dummy

    I moved the function to miduel and is still does not work :-(

  8. #8
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Question for dummy

    I will look at the file you send me.
    Which excel version do you use

  9. #9
    Yuri Weinstein \(HotMail\)
    Guest

    Re: Question for dummy

    It works now! Thx Ron.

    "Ron de Bruin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:OU%[email protected]...
    >I will look at the file you send me.
    > Which excel version do you use
    >
    > --
    > Regards Ron de Bruin
    > http://www.rondebruin.nl
    >

    > "Yuri Weinstein (HotMail)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >>I moved the function to miduel and is still does not work :-(
    >>
    >> "Yuri Weinstein (HotMail)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >>> Here is the code I came up with.
    >>>
    >>> Two problems:
    >>>
    >>> 1. When user clicks No to send an email - I get an error
    >>> 2. I get an error in line "Set ts =
    >>> fso.GetFile(TempFile).OpenAsTextStream(1, -2)" on close too
    >>>
    >>> Any help is appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Thx
    >>>
    >>> =================================================
    >>>
    >>> Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    >>> 'WriteTwiki
    >>> End Sub
    >>> Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)
    >>> WriteTwiki
    >>> End Sub
    >>>
    >>> Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As
    >>> Boolean)
    >>> Mail_ActiveSheet_Body
    >>> End Sub
    >>> Sub Mail_ActiveSheet_Body()
    >>> Dim OutApp As Object
    >>> Dim OutMail As Object
    >>> Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    >>> Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    >>> Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0)
    >>> With OutMail
    >>> .To = "[email protected]"
    >>> .CC = ""
    >>> .BCC = ""
    >>> .Subject = "Test Systems useage has changed, please review"
    >>> .HTMLBody = SheetToHTML(ActiveSheet)
    >>> '.Display
    >>> .Send 'or use .Display
    >>> End With
    >>> Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    >>> Set OutMail = Nothing
    >>> Set OutApp = Nothing
    >>> End Sub
    >>> Function SheetToHTML(sh As Worksheet)
    >>> 'Function from **** Kusleika his site
    >>> 'http://www.*****-clicks.com/excel/sheettohtml.htm
    >>> 'Changed by Ron de Bruin 04-Nov-2003
    >>> Dim TempFile As String
    >>> Dim Nwb As Workbook
    >>> Dim myshape As Shape
    >>> Dim fso As Object
    >>> Dim ts As Object
    >>> sh.Copy
    >>> Set Nwb = ActiveWorkbook
    >>> For Each myshape In Nwb.Sheets(1).Shapes
    >>> myshape.Delete
    >>> Next
    >>> TempFile = Environ$("temp") & "\" & _
    >>> Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy h-mm-ss") & ".htm"
    >>> Nwb.SaveAs TempFile, xlHtml
    >>> Nwb.Close False
    >>> Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    >>> Set ts = fso.GetFile(TempFile).OpenAsTextStream(1, -2)
    >>> SheetToHTML = ts.ReadAll
    >>> ts.Close
    >>> Set ts = Nothing
    >>> Set fso = Nothing
    >>> Set Nwb = Nothing
    >>> Kill TempFile
    >>> End Function
    >>>
    >>> Sub WriteTwiki()
    >>> ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs _
    >>>
    >>> Filename:="\\files.mercedsystems.com\qa-public\QA\DOC\instance_usage_new.html",
    >>> _

  10. #10
    Angus
    Guest

    Re: Question for dummy

    I use the following VBA and it really helps.

    However, if i want to add a textbody from cell A1 at worksheet "data" before
    the sheettohtml, how?