CANNOT OPEN THE FILE

  1. #1
    Man_LA_
    Guest

    CANNOT OPEN THE FILE

    Excel cannot access my file and the message is (Excel cannot access
    "Filename.xls". The Document may be read-only or encrypted), after I press Ok
    showing other message (cannot access 'file number'.)

  2. #2
    Bill Ridgeway
    Guest

    Re: CANNOT OPEN THE FILE

    How are you opening the file?
    If you are clicking on the list of the last n used AND you've changed the
    folder in which the file is kept, it won't find it

    I would suggest you try to open the file by double clicking on the file name
    from within Windows Explorer. If it opens OK you have a pathing problem.
    If it still doesn't open the problem is with the file itself which has
    become corrupt in some way. This may be a virus so it would be a good idea
    to update the virus signatures and then to scan for viruses.

    If this doesn't work come back and we'll have a re-think.

    Regards.

    Bill Ridgeway
    Computer Solutions

    news:[email protected]...