IF ? lookup

  1. #1
    Jerry Kinder
    Guest

    IF ? lookup

    Hi,
    Excel 2000 question
    I have a Workbook with two sheets "Daily" and "Clients".

    In Daily sheet col F
    I want a formul in F2 that will look in col B2 and tell me if the name
    in B2 is in Col A2:A200 of sheet the Clients sheet.
    Example: this only gives me No. and the name in B2 is in Col A of the
    Clients sheet.
    IF(B2='Clients'!A1:A200,"Yes","No")

    Thanks,
    JK

  2. #2
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: IF ? lookup

    Try this:

    =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B2,Clients!$A$1:$A$30,1,0)),"NO","Yes")
    --

    HTH,

    RD

    news:%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: IF ? lookup

    Funny how the subject line has this power of suggestion over thought
    processes.

    This is perhaps a better suggestion:

    =IF(COUNTIF(Clients!$A$1:$A$30,B2)>0,"Yes","No")
    --

    HTH,

    RD

    news:%[email protected]...

  4. #4
    PeterAtherton
    Guest

    RE: IF ? lookup

    Jerry

    Rag has answered you question but if theLaddress of the name is helpful you
    can use:
    =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B2,A1:A200,0)),"No Match",address(match(b2,a1:a200,0),1))

    Regards
    Peter

  5. #5
    Jerry Kinder