Those blo**y Formulas

  1. #1

    Those blo**y Formulas

    HI All - I have creatsed a list of creditors in column a that vary from a-z. i have got 3 or 4 diffrent suppliers for each letter and and each supplier is totaled.
    Iwould like a formula that sum up only the total of each individual supplier. Is this possibile.???

    Help greatly appreciated
    Thanks

  2. #2
    paul
    Guest

    RE: Those blo**y Formulas

    sumif! if your suppliers are in say A1:a50,and your numbers are in b1:b50.I
    dont know how you would refer to your suppliers to extract their data but
    say you type their name in cell c1,=sumif(A1:A50,indirect('"C1"),B1:B50)The
    only caveat here is your typing in cell c1 must be EXACTLY the same as the
    supplier name in the list
    I used a drop down list to choose my supplier name,using the actual
    suppliers list(a1:a50)-
    paul
    remove nospam for email addy!