Number of days since a date

  1. #1
    Jim M
    Guest

    Number of days since a date

    Hi folks,

    Is there a simple way to calculate in a cell the number of days *since*
    a date in a different cell?

    For example -

    Last used: [12/6/05]
    Days ago: [ 15]

    It seems so simple, but I can't get my head around Excel's treatment of
    dates.

    Thanks,
    Jim

  2. #2
    Bill Ridgeway
    Guest

    Re: Number of days since a date

    Put, in cell c2, the formula =a2-b2 where b2 is the later date. C2 will
    need to be formatted to number.

    Regards.

    Bill Ridgeway
    Computer Solutions

  3. #3
    Jim M
    Guest

    Re: Number of days since a date

    In article <[email protected]>, Bill Ridgeway
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Put, in cell c2, the formula =a2-b2 where b2 is the later date. C2 will
    > need to be formatted to number.

    So I guess a2 should be todays date?

    Ah, you da man Bill! I used =TODAY()-B2 that works great.

    Thanks
    Jim