cell color change based on due date

  1. #1
    MINAL ZUNKE
    Guest

    cell color change based on due date

    hi
    Experts

    This is 2 part question

    1>>>
    I have a problem in xl, can't figure out. I am using column C named as
    DUE DATE

    What I am after is
    "if difference between today and due date is less than 10 days then the cell
    colour should change automatically to red!!!!!

    I have used this
    > highlighted column C
    > format > Conditional Formatting
    >formula is =(C4-today())<=10

    format "red colour" (I have selected manually)

    can't understand what's going wrong there.

    Another problem is When I have done that first time, then the whole column
    C was getting "RED". If I enter due date which is consider 15-july-2005, then
    the cell colour was changing to white( coz it wasn't satisfying condition.)
    If I enter due date which is after evaluating above condition is less than 10
    days, cell didn't change the colour.

    Which Is what after i am, but the background colour of ALL cell should
    remain white and only those satisfying condition should change to RED.

    2>>>> In above part one if due date of the particular job is more than 10
    days then cell color should not be RED,
    and as soon as it becomes equal to or less than 10, the cell colour should
    change automatically to RED.

    I don't want anybody to physically alter that, just clicking a button does
    everything

    ANY NICE SUGGESTION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!

    Thnx

  2. #2
    Barb R.
    Guest

    RE: cell color change based on due date

    I did something much like this recently. I assume you are formatting column
    C.

    I have three conditions in mine

    Cell value is less than today() - formats to GREEN
    Cell value is between today() and today()+14 - formats to YELLOW
    Cell value is greater than today()+14 - Formats to RED.

    Try something like that.

  3. #3
    mcpie
    Guest

    RE: cell color change based on due date

    try cond. formatting:
    cell value is less than or equal to =TODAY()+10

    it works for me
    _________
    kirsty