share expansive between 4 roommates.

  1. #1
    Excel lover
    Guest

    share expansive between 4 roommates.

    Hi all,
    I need help with this problem: If I have 4 roommates, they share
    expansive between them eqully I made a worksheet with thier names and
    one of them paid for rent, onther paid for power and the third one paid
    for cable, fourth paid whatever,will look like that:

    A B C D
    1 John Dan Mike Nick

    2 $50 $40 $640 $100 = $830 / 4=each one will
    pay $270.70

    Now I know each one has to pay only $270.70 which I have no problem to
    set the fuction,but I need the code to let Excel tell me who has to pay
    how,like this:
    ? pay to ?
    ? pay ?
    do understand my qusetion?
    if you do please help,Thanks

    --
    Excel lover

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: share expansive between 4 roommates.

    Try this, Excel lover:
    http://www.myexpertsonline.com/freedls/roomies.zip
    But what I really wanna know is this... can I move in, too?
    But you can't fight over whose gonna make me breakfast in bed, k?
    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com
    www.MyExpertsOnline.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: share expansive between 4 roommates.

    B3: =AVERAGE($A$2:$D$2)-A$2

    and copy across

    Bob Phillips