how to display text when a cell>0 ?

  1. #1
    Janwillem
    Guest

    how to display text when a cell>0 ?

    Hi there.

    i have something like this:

    A B C D
    1 hello 1
    2 test 0
    3 bye 1

    Now i want to display hello at D7 when B1>0

    So the output should be:

    A B C D
    1 hello 1 hello
    2 test 0
    3 bye 1 bye

    How can i do this?

    thanks,

    Jan Willem

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: how to display text when a cell>0 ?

    Jan, try this, =IF(B1>0,A1,"")

    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Janwillem
    Guest

    Re: how to display text when a cell>0 ?

    yes i already tried that, but i get the error that the function is
    incorrect.

    news:uSOZb%[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: how to display text when a cell>0 ?

    Jan, works for me, did you put this in D1 or D7 as you said??? should work
    in any cell , what error are you getting

  5. #5
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: how to display text when a cell>0 ?

    Maybe you typed a letter "O" in the formula instead of a zero?

    Paul's formula works fine........just copy and paste it out of his
    response......

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3