How to record percentage increases in materials costing sheet.

  1. #1
    onesonya
    Guest

    How to record percentage increases in materials costing sheet.

    I am trying to do a materials costing sheet where I would like to be able to
    periodically increast the base cost of the product by different percentages.
    E.g. Cost of Apples $10.00 but might be increased by 5% then 2.5% and
    therefore the base cost would keep changing. I know how do first % increase
    but not how to then use that figure as the base figure for future
    adjustments. Thanks for amy help. I am very new to this.

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: How to record percentage increases in materials costing sheet.

    You could put a % in one cell. Select the cell and give it a name by
    Insert-->Name-->Define. Call it "increase".
    Then, in the cell where you put the first increase, just change the formula
    from =A1*1.05 to =A1*1.05*increase
    Or something like that.
    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com
    www.MyExpertsOnline.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    onesonya
    Guest

    Re: How to record percentage increases in materials costing sheet.

    THANKS FOR YOUR HELP BUT WHAT I NEED IS SOMETHING THAT WILL ALLOW ME TO
    CHANGE THE BASE RATE A1 AND MAKE THAT THE NEW AMOUNT TO THEN ADD OTHER
    PERCENTAGES.

    EG

    APPLE COST $1.00
    10% RISE NOW COST $1.10 (NEW BASE FIGURE)
    5% RISE NOW COST $1.15 (BECOMES BASE FIGURE)
    7.5% $1.24.

    I APPRECIATE THE TIME YOU TOOK TO ANSWER MY QUESTION.

    SONYA