Average formula

  1. #1
    thomas wald
    Guest

    Average formula

    I need a formula that will figure the average of any range of numbers
    dropping the lowest number

    Thomas Goldstein

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Average formula

    One way:

    =(SUM(rng)-MIN(rng))/(COUNT(rng)-1)

    This assumes that you mean to drop only one value if there are multiple
    instances of the "lowest number".

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Average formula

    Or an array formula to exclude all instances of the minimum value
    =AVERAGE(IF(H1:H14<>MIN(H1:H14),H1:H14))
    to be entered with ctrl+shift+enter

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software