Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

I have too many columns and rows, so it prints too many pages.

  1. #1
    Help I am new to all this
    Guest

    I have too many columns and rows, so it prints too many pages.

    I have no idea how to put in the formula. I only want to print what I type
    into the spreadsheet. How do I do that without having a lot of extra pages!!!

  2. #2
    paul
    Guest

    RE: I have too many columns and rows, so it prints too many pages.

    You dont say if you need to have more pages or not but you need to
    "highlight" the area that you want to print and on the file menu go to print
    area and then set print area.You can then go to the view menu and select
    page break view to see how the sheet is going to print out.On this view you
    can drag the page breaks(blue lines) to the row or column you want.The file
    menu has a page setup where you can set how many pages you want and the
    orientation of the pages(portrait or landscape).Experiment with that and post
    back if you need to!
    --
    paul
    remove nospam for email addy!

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: I have too many columns and rows, so it prints too many pages.

    Please put the entire question in the body of the question. The subject tends
    to be ignored once someone starts answering.

    Extra columns and rows that are truly empty can be a result of inserting and
    deleting rows/columns, Excel tends to remember the high water mark.

    If you have rows that look empty but have formulas in them, they really are
    not empty. You want to remove your unused rows/columns which is
    easiest done with a macro and then save the file, if the macro didn't do
    that for you. You can fix up your entire workbook at one time, see
    Why do my scrollbars go to row 500 -- my data ends in cell E50?, contextures.com, Debra Dalgleish

    You can read more about the problem and some other remedies at
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/lastcell.htm

    As a LAST resort you can restrict the print area, but that just allows
    you to print fewer pages it really does not solve your problem.

    ---
    HTH,

    news:[email protected]...