Should be an easy one for you Gurus...

  1. #1
    Jennifer Carr
    Guest

    Should be an easy one for you Gurus...

    Okay,
    I'm making a Sales quotation sheet:
    In it I have a database of customer addresses in columns like this:
    Column A Column B Column C...
    Company Address City State Zip So on...

    I want to be able to select a company in one cell (I've already created a
    list in Data Validation) and have the address, city, state, etc come up
    below like this:

    Company Name (select this cell)
    Address
    City, St Zip
    Phone
    Fax

    So in sum:
    Select one cell, the cells below fill in automatically the address info
    from the database columns.
    Make sense?
    Thanks everyone!!!

  2. #2

    Re: Should be an easy one for you Gurus...

    If the company names are unique, it looks like you could use =vlookup() to
    return those other values:

    =if(a1="","",vlookup(a1,sheet2!A:G,2,false))
    and
    =if(a1="","",vlookup(a1,sheet2!A:G,3,false))
    and so forth.

    and maybe:
    =if(a1="","",vlookup(a1,sheet2!A:G,3,false) & ", "
    & vlookup(a1,sheet2!A:G,4,false) & " "
    & vlookup(a1,sheet2!A:G,5,false))

    (remember to change the lookup range (I used A:G) to match your needs.)

    Visit Debra Dalgleish's site:
    for nice instructions.

  3. #3
    Mangus Pyke
    Guest

    Re: Should be an easy one for you Gurus...

    >Jennifer Carr wrote:

    I knew a Jennifer Carr in college.. at Dickinson

    MP-
    --
    "Learning is a behavior that results from consequences."
    B.F. Skinner

  4. #4
    Jennifer Carr
    Guest

    Re: Should be an easy one for you Gurus...

    Thanks! That did it!