how to enumerate?

  1. #1

    how to enumerate?

    Hi,

    how can I enumerate a large amount of numbers in a column without having to type in every single number? (ex. 1 - 999)

    ty

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: how to enumerate?

    Type in 1 in a cell, 2 in the next. Select both cells, go to the bottom left
    corner until the cursor changes to a solid black cross, the click and drag
    down.

    RP

    "tendercare" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Karthik
    Guest

    Re: how to enumerate?

    Example:

    In cell A1 enter 1
    In cell A2 enter 2

    Select these two cells (using mouse or key board) and now take ur mouse
    cursor over to the bottom right end of cell A2. You will see ur cursor
    change to a black plus sign. Click and drag this till cell A999 and you
    will have the numbers from 1 to 999.

    Take care
    Karthik Bhat
    Bangalore

  4. #4
    Gary's Student
    Guest

    RE: how to enumerate?

    Type 1 at the top of the column.
    Click on that cell.
    Move the cursor to the lower right -hand corner of the cell (it will change
    shape)
    Hold down the right-click button and drag the cursor down a ways
    Release the button and select Fill Series from the options.
    --
    Gary's Student