Put all cells in one cell seperated by comma

  1. #1

    Put all cells in one cell seperated by comma

    I have an Excel spreadsheet with data in seperate cells such as

    wordone
    wordtwo
    wordthree

    I need all cells in one cell seperated by a comma such as

    wordone,wordtwo,wordthree

    I found out how to add the comma after the cell data, but cannot figure out how to put them all in the first cell.

    Can anyone help?

    Christine

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Put all cells in one cell seperated by comma

    =a1&","&a2&","&a3&","&a4&","&a5&","&a6....
    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.OfficeArticles.com

    "kokopoko" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: Put all cells in one cell seperated by comma

    "kokopoko"
    <[email protected]>
    wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > I have an Excel spreadsheet with data in seperate cells such as
    >
    > wordone
    > wordtwo
    > wordthree
    >
    > I need all cells in one cell seperated by a comma such as
    >
    > wordone,wordtwo,wordthree
    >
    > I found out how to add the comma after the cell data, but cannot
    > figure out how to put them all in the first cell.
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > Christine

    Save the worksheet as a comma separated values file (CSV format).

    You might have to export the range (copy / paste?) to a spare workbook
    first, but it should work fine.

    Backup before doinging ANYTHING!

    HTH,

    Alan.

  4. #4
    Marc
    Guest

    Re: Put all cells in one cell seperated by comma

    Try the function "CONCATENATE"

    Marc

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    Central Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    Try the function "CONCATENATE"

    Marc
    Just tried this function for the first time cause of this post, cool function. Didn't know excel could do that.

    =CONCATENATE(D1,",",D2,",",D3)

    D1=Wordone
    D2=Wordtwo
    D3=Wordthree
    -Joseph

  6. #6
    Marc
    Guest

    Re: Put all cells in one cell seperated by comma

    You feel meek when you stand in front of Excel there is just so much it can
    do.

    Marc

    "malik641" <[email protected]> wrote in