How do I lock rows together?

  1. #1
    Brian Lynn
    Guest

    How do I lock rows together?

    I have data that would look like this:

    Name | Date | Address | Performance | Average | Best

    in each column is the corresponding data...

    Is it possible to lock together each row? I want to be able to sort by any
    column and have the data stay with it across the rows... i.e:

    Brian | 2/2/05 | 22 B Lane | 5 | 4 | 13
    Chris | 2/2/05 | 11 C Lane | 6| 5 | 10

    So if I sort by the Best column Brian would stay on top... If I sort by the
    Average Column then Chris would be on top...

    Is this possible? Or is there a way to do this that I am just missing?

  2. #2
    Kassie
    Guest

    RE: How do I lock rows together?

    Hi Brian

    Select the range you want to sort, click on Data|Sort. Select the column
    you want to sort by, and sort in Descending order, and you will get the
    desired result
    --
    [email protected]ve_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I lock rows together?

    Brian

    Don't let Excel guess where your datarange starts and stops.

    Select all columns prior to sorting.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP