Insert a new row with data from previous row

  1. #1
    Lynn Bales
    Guest

    Insert a new row with data from previous row

    I have a sheet that looks like this:

    name number preference1 preference2 preference3
    me 123 X X
    you 246 X X
    other 789 X

    What I need to do, is:

    1. Change the X to the header name which I think I can do with IF
    2. For each additional X for that name, create a new row that has the name,
    number and only that preference listed but in the same column it's in.

  2. #2
    Mel Arquiza
    Guest

    RE: Insert a new row with data from previous row

    Hi Lynn,

    If you know macro. Try this below. Hope this is what you are looking for.

    Sub Macro()
    'Select the row you want to shift and copy
    Selection.Select
    Selection.Copy
    Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown
    ActiveSheet.Paste