rating cells 1-5 colour coded HOW?

  1. #1
    treetop40
    Guest

    rating cells 1-5 colour coded HOW?

    I would like to be able to give a cell a rating of 1-5 and colour coded but
    conditional formatting in excel 2002 only allows up to 3, by using 1 number
    as white cell means you can using a rating of 1-4. I required 1-5. I have
    tried to use coloured drop down menus but the cell colours do not carry
    across.
    Therefore can anyone tell me how I can type a number of 1 to 5 in a cell and
    that it will also show as a colour.
    --
    Many thanks
    Jackie