h:mm:ss AM + h:mm:ss AM converted to minutes?

  1. #1
    Ryan Cain
    Guest

    h:mm:ss AM + h:mm:ss AM converted to minutes?

    Hi,

    I have a column of data in Excel in the worksheet that is displayed as
    "0:00:00" and greater time values beyond 0:00:00 AM up to 2:00:00 AM. In the
    "contents bar" it is represented as 12:00:00 AM if in the cell it is 0:00:00.

    How can I add the minutes and seconds that have elapsed since 12:00:00 AM
    for the whole column and display that as an floating point number
    representing the total minutes and seconds that have elapsed past 12 am?

    I am not very good with functions. So if you can help me with a VBA answer,
    that would be great. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: h:mm:ss AM + h:mm:ss AM converted to minutes?

    Ryan,

    I think you just need to sum them and then multiply by 24 (to convert to
    hours) then by 60 (to minutes)

    =SUM(N1:N6)*24*60

    this will give the seconds as a decimal fraction.

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...