I need to find out how to multiply gross hours times amount of pay.

  1. #1
    Marc
    Guest

    I need to find out how to multiply gross hours times amount of pay.

    I have the cells formatted for time and summed and I know that this actually
    represents a number in Excel but how do I multiply that number times rate of
    pay?

    Marc

  2. #2
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: I need to find out how to multiply gross hours times amount of pay.

    Format the next column over to "Number" or "General",
    Then multiply your total time by 24 to get decimal hours.
    Then you can use that same cell and multiply by pay rate, or you can do that
    in the next column if you wish.
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Marc
    Guest

    Re: I need to find out how to multiply gross hours times amount of pay.

    Thanks - Marc

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: I need to find out how to multiply gross hours times amount of pay.

    Appreciate the feed-back.