Locating variable range to copy

  1. #1
    Eric C
    Guest

    Locating variable range to copy

    I am an ordinary accountant but not familiar with macro & VBA. I have a
    file, I need to copy a source formula to a certain range of which
    starting position has fixed already and ending position would be
    altered regarding to condition changed.
    For example, say
    source formula : locating at cell G11
    conditions : range of row containing data in column F starting
    from F11

    Says now, there are 10 data starting from F11 to F20, therefore I need
    to copy the source formula from G11 to G20.

    Same as, when there are 100 data starting from F11 to F110, I need to
    copy the source formula from G11 to G110.

    Can someone advise me how to specify the range in performing a macro in
    Excel v2002. Thank you very much.

    Eric C

    --
    Eric C

  2. #2
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: Locating variable range to copy

    For a non-VBA solution, double-click the right-bottom corner of G11.
    The later versions of XL will automatically fill G for as many rows as
    there is data in F.

    For a VBA solution, see example 4 in
    Beyond Excel's recorder
    http://www.tushar-
    mehta.com/excel/vba/beyond_the_macro_recorder/index.htm

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...

  3. #3
    Kassie
    Guest

    Re: Locating variable range to copy

    --
    [email protected]ve_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa