How do I get data for excel 2003

  1. #1
    Bev
    Guest

    How do I get data for excel 2003

    I am trying to learn Excel 2003 - want to make a speadsheet. Cannot find out
    how to get the information from documents I have in Word into Excel. Is
    there a way to connect these programs. Have searched all info online and am
    so confused.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Carbondale CO
    Bev,
    You have asked a very open ended question. There are multiudes of ways to move information from one program to another, many of them very advanced. Perhaps you could try posting a more specific question so that people here can help you one step at a time. Excel and Word are two very powerful and complex programs, however lots of people learn enough about them to use them in their work and at school, very quickly.
    One method you can use to move information from Word to Excel to use the copy and paste method. If you know how to highlight some text in word by clicking at one end and dragging to the other end while holding the mouse button down. You can right click and choose copy from the menu that drop down. Then go to Excel and right click a cell and choose Paste from the menu that drops down. An you will see that you have taken information from Word and put it in Excel.
    Keep trying and learning, the people here will help, just try to ask real specific questions about what you would like to do. Baby steps.
    HTH
    Casey

  3. #3
    Andy Wiggins