[SOLVED] Excel 2000 - Column labels for forms

  1. #1
    Abay
    Guest

    [SOLVED] Excel 2000 - Column labels for forms

    Hello .. I am trying to set up a form for data entry which will use Column
    labels as field names for data entry on a form. I used the "Label" option
    on the forms tool bar with no success, I also tried just entering the field
    name as the first entry in each column and that doesn't work either.

    The error message states to use a text label at the top of each column, &
    that is what I thought I did, but Excel doesn't like it. Tried the help
    function in Excel with no success.

    Any help would be much appreciated by this more or less newbie.

    Abay

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Excel 2000 - Column labels for forms

    I guess Data-->Form doesn't work? Just want to make sure you're aware of the
    feature.
    ************
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Abay
    Guest

    Re: Excel 2000 - Column labels for forms

    Yes that is what I am doing, and it gives a message asking about column
    headings, which I have set up, but the headings apparently should be "text
    labels" .. It would be nice not to have this message pop up each time .. I
    am passing this form on for someone to use it as a data entry tool.

    Abay

    news:[email protected]...