Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

[SOLVED] when i enter a dollar amount of 18.40 into excel it drops the 0

  1. #1
    acsnett
    Guest

    [SOLVED] when i enter a dollar amount of 18.40 into excel it drops the 0

    can anyone help me fix this problem?

  2. #2
    FSt1
    Guest

    RE: when i enter a dollar amount of 18.40 into excel it drops the 0

    hi,
    it would be better if you put your question in the body of your post and not
    in the subject. your question is truncated so i am not sure exactly what your
    question is.

    Regards
    FSt1

  3. #3
    gls858

    acsnett wrote:
    > can anyone help me fix this problem?

    Try formatting the cells as currency. Hight the cell or cells
    right click select format in the numbers tab select currency.

    gls858

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: when i enter a dollar amount of 18.40 into excel it drops the 0

    Not having a complete statement of the problem in the body is indeed
    confusing. Anyway I do see question without truncation on the
    subject line. You have to fix the problem yourself by formatting
    the cell. Select the cell, or preferably and entire column so you
    have only one format and then use Format, cells, number
    and make an appropriate choice with two decimal digits. You can
    use the format buttons on your toolbars with the comma and the
    increase/decrease decimal places.
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm

    format, cells, number
    choose number of decimal places
    choose whether you want a comma (may be a different char if not US/Canada)
    choose the format such as red negative numbers with minus or in parens.

    More choices under accounting.

    You also have the toolbar formatting buttons.

    You might also look at any choice you've made under
    format, cells, custom -- to see how it was actually done

    This is rather basic stuff so if that is not clear I would suggest you look
    at a couple of tutorials.
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#tutorials

    ---
    HTH,