Extend a data range

  1. #1
    MNicholas
    Guest

    Extend a data range

    After posting a question on this site, I followed the prompt very helpful
    advice and now have my wonderful order form of which I am very proud.

    I created a data range and named it "products" to make it easier for the
    VLOOKUP formula. Now, I need to add some more products to this range. I
    have tried to drag the range box over the new lines but it over writes them
    with data from row 1, but doesn't then include those duplicated rows in the
    new data range - it still remains the same. I've tried dragging the box over
    the new rows of data whilst pressing Alt, Ctrl, Shift, A, B, C everything!!!
    It just will not add the extra rows into the range.

    Your help would again be most appreciated.

  2. #2
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: Extend a data range

    To edit a named range, go 'Insert' in the top toolbars, 'Names' > 'Define'.
    Select your named range, 'products' in this case, edit the cell references
    in the bottom dialogue box and hit 'OK' Alternatively, do as above, but
    delete the named range and create a new one.
    Its not a bad idea to leave some extra cells that you may not need at the
    time in named ranges for VLOOKUP's etc to allow for future expansion.
    Regards,
    Alan.
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    MNicholas
    Guest

    Re: Extend a data range

    Brilliant! Sorted.

    Thank you very much for your kind assistance.