IF, Or, And, or what

  1. #1
    PA
    Guest

    IF, Or, And, or what

    Attempting to get a formula to work, with no luck;
    Dates will be input into cells G5, H5, I5, and J5.
    Formula goes into G6 so that if any of the above four cells in blank, a 0
    (zero) is put into G6, if they are all populated return a 1 (one).
    I tried =IF(ISBLANK(OR(A1,B1,C1,D1)),"0",1), but it returns a 1 under all
    circumstances. This is obviously the wrong approach.
    Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
    Paul

  2. #2
    PA
    Guest

    RE: IF, Or, And, or what

    Sorry, I am going nuts. The formula I tried is

    =IF(ISBLANK(OR(G5,H5,I5,J5)),"0",1)

    My apologies.

  3. #3
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: IF, Or, And, or what

    Try:

    =IF(COUNTA(A1:D1)<4,0,1)

    Sandy
    [email protected]
    Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    PA
    Guest

    Re: IF, Or, And, or what

    Works like a charm - Thank you.

  5. #5
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: IF, Or, And, or what

    You're Welcome.

    ISBLANK can only be used with one cell a s cannot cover an array. To use it
    the way that you were trying to you would have to use it like:

    =IF(OR(ISBLANK(A1),ISBLANK(B1),ISBLANK(C1),ISBLANK(D1)),0,1)

    --
    Regards

  6. #6
    Forum Expert Cutter's Avatar