Recording new excel macro, relative reference button doesn't show

  1. #1
    Dano
    Guest

    Recording new excel macro, relative reference button doesn't show

    When recording a new macro in excel I want to select the relative reference
    button in the stop recording box, but the stop recording box does not popup;
    it's no where to be found. Everything I've read on-line says it just
    appears, but it doesn't on my system.

    It works fine on my co-workers machine, and he has the same system as mine.
    We are both running Windows XP, with excel version 2003.

  2. #2
    FSt1
    Guest

    RE: Recording new excel macro, relative reference button doesn't show

    hi,
    not sure why it isn't popping up on your machine. it does on mine. but you
    can access it anyway.

    Tools>customize>toolbar tab>check stop recording

    scroll down....it's near the bottom. you can call it anytime, recording or
    not.

    regards
    FSt1

  3. #3
    George Gee
    Guest

    Re: Recording new excel macro, relative reference button doesn't show

    Dano

    Start recording a new macro.
    Right-click the top toolbar.
    Click on 'Stop recording'
    The 'Stop recording' toolbar should now appear.

    A user probably closed the 'Stop recording' toolbar with the 'X'.
    You must be in 'Record New Macro' mode for the 'Stop recording'
    menu to be made available.

    HTH

    George Gee

  4. #4
    Dano
    Guest

    RE: Recording new excel macro, relative reference button doesn't s

    Thank you; that was it. By checking the box in Tools>customize>toolbar
    tab>check stop recording, the stop recording box, along with the relative
    reference button now pops up.

    Man, I was really getting frustrated, what an easy fix!