cell checking

  1. #1
    Lee
    Guest

    cell checking

    I have two Sheets (sheet1,sheet2), Sheet 1 has corridinate data imported from
    Autocad. On Sheet 2, cells B57 through B76 have IF statements in them for
    calculating data from Sheet 1.

    What I want to do is check if cell B76 equals 0. If the cell equals 0 then
    go to cell b75 and check if it equals 0 and so on. When it gets to the first
    cell that is greater than 0 do a calculation that would return a value to
    cell B77, and stop checking.

    Is this possible without using VBA programming ?

    Thanks for your input

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: cell checking

    Lee,

    In cell B77, use the array formula:

    =INDEX(B57:B76,MAX((B57:B76>0)*ROW(B57:B76))-ROW($B$57)+1)

    Entered with Ctrl-Shift-Enter.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Lee
    Guest

    Re: cell checking

    what do you mean by "Entered with Ctrl-Shift-Enter."

  4. #4

    Re: cell checking

    them yourself.)

  5. #5
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: cell checking

    Lee,

    Instead of typing in the formula and pressing enter, type in the formula, hold down both the ctrl
    and shift buttons, and while they are help down, press enter. Just like Ctrl-Alt-Delete.... That
    tells Exel to process the formula differently.

  6. #6
    Lee
    Guest

    Re: cell checking