suming all specific cell in subsheets

  1. #1

    suming all specific cell in subsheets

    I have a simple register for my envelope accounting. On the first
    sheet, I have
    the actual bank register, while on the remaining sheets, I keep track
    of 'virtual' registers. I would like to have a specific cell on each
    'virtual' sheet which has the ending balance for that sheet, say a7.
    On the first sheet, I would like to have the all the other sheet's a7
    sumed so I can check against real balance. How can I do that?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    George Gee
    Guest

    Re: suming all specific cell in subsheets

    You could use a helper column, (on your first sheet)

    In Say P1 =Sheet2!A7
    In P2 =Sheet3!A7 etc..........

    In A7 (on your first sheet) =SUM(P1:P10)

    HTH

    George Gee

  3. #3

    Re: suming all specific cell in subsheets

    I agree. That would work. However, I add new 'virtual' accounts all
    the time and I was hoping there would be a way for them to be picked up
    automatically.

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: suming all specific cell in subsheets

    If you want a sum of all sheets cell a7 use
    =sum(firstsheetname:lastsheetname!a7)

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5

    Re: suming all specific cell in subsheets

    How can I change this to something like:

    =sum(worksheets(2):worksheets(worksheets.count-1:!a7)

    (since the sheetnames can change)

    Thanks.

  6. #6
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: suming all specific cell in subsheets

    That is what Don meant by using 2 empty dummy sheets, if you always insert
    the new sheets between
    the 2 dummies you can always use the same formula

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)