[SOLVED] Copy the entire sheet to overlay existing sheet?

  1. #1
    LurfysMa
    Guest

    [SOLVED] Copy the entire sheet to overlay existing sheet?

    Is there anyway to copy an entire sheet to an existing sheet and
    overlay whatever was there?

    I know I can copy a sheet and create a new sheet, but then I have to
    rename it.

    Thanks

    --
    Running Excel 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Verwood, Dorset, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by LurfysMa
    Is there anyway to copy an entire sheet to an existing sheet and
    overlay whatever was there?

    I know I can copy a sheet and create a new sheet, but then I have to
    rename it.

    Thanks

    --
    Running Excel 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000
    Hi LurfysMa

    Select the whole sheet you want to copy, by clicking in the square top right corner above 1 and left of A, all cells will go grey, then from the Edit Menu click copy, go to the sheet you want to overlay the data on to and click in cell A1, then from the Edit menu click on paste
    Paul

  3. #3
    LurfysMa
    Guest

    Re: Copy the entire sheet to overlay existing sheet?

    On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 01:09:43 -0500, Paul Sheppard
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >LurfysMa Wrote:
    >> Is there anyway to copy an entire sheet to an existing sheet and
    >> overlay whatever was there?
    >>
    >> I know I can copy a sheet and create a new sheet, but then I have to
    >> rename it.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> --
    >> Running Excel 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000

    >Hi LurfysMa
    >
    >Select the whole sheet you want to copy, by clicking in the square top
    >right corner above 1 and left of A, all cells will go grey, then from
    >the Edit Menu click copy, go to the sheet you want to overlay the data
    >on to and click in cell A1, then from the Edit menu click on paste

    That's essentially what I tried. I thought it didn't work because the
    text on the new sheet was much larger than the text on the old one.
    What I didn't notice was that I had set the Zoom factor to 75% on the
    old sheet, whereas it was 100% on the new one.

    It works just as you describe.

    Thanks

    --
    Running Excel 2000 SP-3 on Windows 2000