ActiveCell giving blank value

  1. #1

    Question using VBSCript to access Excel sheet, ActiveCell giving blank value

    I am having the following code:

    oSheet.Cells(2,3).Select
    msgbox oSheet.Cells(2,3).value
    Msgbox ActiveCell.Value

    The cell is having value, but still, its giving the following error:
    Error Description: Object Required 'ActiveCell'

    i did the following also:
    msgbox activecell

    but its giving me a blank messagebox

    Please someone help me out in this . Thanks in advance
    Last edited by itstome; 08-30-2005 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Title changed

  2. #2
    Gary's Student
    Guest

    RE: ActiveCell giving blank value

    I usually use MSGBOX() with arguments. Try something like:

    Sub temp()
    Dim x As Variant
    x = Cells(1, 1).Value
    MsgBox (x)