Closed Thread
Results 1 to 30 of 30

How can you append text in multiple cells in excel?

  1. #1
    David Billigmeier
    Guest

    How can you append text in multiple cells in excel?

    Use the CONCATENATE() function... for example if you had "Joe" in A1 and
    "Smith" in A2, the formula:

    =CONCATENATE(A1," ",A2) would yield "Joe Smith"

    You can also do this with the & symbol like so: =A1&" "&A2

    Dave

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: How can you append text in multiple cells in excel?

    I would use a for/each macro
    for each c in selection
    c.value=c & "SMPT:"
    next c

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: How can you append text in multiple cells in excel?

    Assuming your list is in column A, in B1 put this formula and copy
    down..........

    =A1&"SMTP:"

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  4. #4
    CLR

  5. #5
    David Billigmeier

  6. #6
    Don Guillett

  7. #7
    CLR

  8. #8
    Don Guillett

  9. #9
    David Billigmeier

  10. #10
    David Billigmeier

  11. #11
    Don Guillett

  12. #12
    CLR

  13. #13
    CLR

  14. #14
    Don Guillett

  15. #15
    David Billigmeier

  16. #16
    David Billigmeier

  18. #18
    CLR

  19. #19
    Don Guillett

  20. #20
    Don Guillett

  21. #21
    CLR

  22. #22
    CLR

  23. #23
    Don Guillett

  24. #24
    CLR

  25. #25
    Don Guillett

  26. #26
    Don Guillett

  27. #27
    CLR

  28. #28
    Don Guillett

  29. #29
    CLR

  30. #30
    Mary
    Guest

    Re: How can you append text in multiple cells in excel?

    if they arent in a column, where would you add the formaula to append ?

    "CLR" wrote:

    > Assuming your list is in column A, in B1 put this formula and copy
    >
    > =A1&"SMTP:"
    >
    > Vaya con Dios,
    > Chuck, CABGx3
    >

    > "Shane" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I have a 1 page workbook of email addresses. I would like to apend SMTP:

    > > each address in a row. How can I do this without going to each cell and
    > > pasting?

Closed Thread