Converting dates

  1. #1
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Converting dates

    Hi Ana,

    Assuming that you have a valid Excel date and not a string
    format, cells, custom yyyymmdd
    ---
    HTH,

  2. #2
    gls858
    Guest

    Re: Converting dates

    Ana wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to convert the date format dd/mm/yyyy to yyyymmdd.
    >
    > How would I go by?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Ana

    Right click on the cell select format, under numbers select custom.
    In the type box put yyyymdd and hit OK.

    gls858

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Converting dates

    If you have a "text" date, in A1, use this.........
    =RIGHT(A1,4)&MID(A1,FIND("/",A1,1)+1,2)&LEFT(A1,2)

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  5. #5
    David McRitchie