How can I average certain number of lowest values in a column?

  1. #1
    Philcw
    Guest

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: How can I average certain number of lowest values in a column?

    The following array formula will average the lowest 5 numbers in
    A1:A10.

    =AVERAGE(SMALL(A1:A10,ROW(INDIRECT("1:5"))))

    Change the 1:5 to 1:N where N is the number of values you want to
    average. Since this is an array formula, you must press
    Ctrl+Shift+Enter rather than just Enter when you first enter the
    formula and whenever you edit it later. If you do this properly,
    Excel will display the formula enclosed in curly braces {}.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...