Show full path title in title bar?

  1. #1
    Nor
    Guest

    Show full path title in title bar?

    How do you show the complete path for a file in Excell" in the Title Bar?
    e.g. C:\House\budget.xls instead of just budget.xls

  2. #2
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: Show full path title in title bar?

    AFAIK, it can't be done, but you can add an "Address" box to either the menu
    bar or a tool bar, which, even though it's intended to facilitate web
    travel, will show the full path to the *saved* WB.

    Right click on the tool bar and choose"Customize".
    <Commands> tab,
    Scroll to and click on "Web" in the left window,
    And the "Address" box is at the top of the right window.

    Drag it to the menu or tool bar, where you can enlarge it to fill whatever
    space you have to spare.

    If you have "long" paths to display, you could simply insert the entire
    "Web" toolbar,
    <View> <ToolBars> <Web>
    which contains this address box, and remove the Web tool icons, leaving this
    address box on a toolbar all it's own.
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Show full path title in title bar?

    You could use this in a new workbook (or add to your personal.xls file).

    This goes under the ThisWorkbook module.

    Option Explicit
    Public WithEvents xlApp As Excel.Application
    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    Set xlApp = Application
    End Sub
    Private Sub Workbook_Close()
    Set xlApp = Nothing
    End Sub
    Private Sub xlApp_WindowActivate(ByVal Wb As Workbook, ByVal Wn As Window)
    Wn.Caption = Wb.FullName
    End Sub

    If you save that workbook in your XLStart folder, then each time excel opens,
    this workbook will open.

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Show full path title in title bar?

    Hi Dave...........
    I'm not the OP here, but in searching for this code I ran across this old
    post of yours.........your code works SuperFine in my
    application.............thanks for the post!

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  5. #5

    Re: Show full path title in title bar?

    Google is very nice <vbg>.

  6. #6
    Forum Expert Tony Valko's Avatar
    Pittsburgh
    MS-Off Ver
    2002, 2007:2013
    Posts
    18,890

    Re: Show full path title in title bar?

    Did a Google search on this subject and look what I found.

    This is excellent!

    Dave Peterson is sorely missed in the Excel online community!
    Biff
    Microsoft MVP Excel
    Keep It Simple Stupid

    Let's Go Pens. We Want The Cup.