how do i use colours with formulas in excel?

  1. #1
    RINNY
    Guest

    how do i use colours with formulas in excel?

    I am trying to create a spreadsheet of results using formulas and I want to
    have cells highlighted depending on the outcome in different colours ie pass
    (green) fail (red) etc

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: how do i use colours with formulas in excel?

    format>conditional formatting>

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: how do i use colours with formulas in excel?

    It would be best to indicate what constitutes pass or fail
    but it is a simple comparison yielding True or False
    that Conditional Formatting uses. If True you get the
    conditional formatting specified. If False or an error you
    skip over that test and test additional C.F. if present.
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm

    ---
    HTH,