Formulas

  1. #1

    Formulas

    Is there any way to type a formula into a cell, but not make it active? I want to have the formula on the spreadsheet so that I can explain what it does, but I don't want the equal sign to appear because it will most certainly give me a value.

    This formula will add all the sums of E4 through E10
    =SUM(E4:E10)

    Like I said though, I don't want the cell that this formulas is in to have a value in there; only the formula itself must exist there.

    Thanks all.

  2. #2

    Formula

    I believe I found an answer to my question ...

    I inserted a comment field and I explained what the formula does and how they have to change the range of numbers to get a value.

    That might work for now, but I'm still curious if there is an answer to my original question.

    Thanks all.

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Houston, TX
    Try preceding your formula with an apostrophe when you enter it in the cell, e.g,

    '=sum(E4:E10)

    I hope this is what you are looking for.

    Regards.
    BenjieLop
    Houston, TX

  4. #4
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Formulas

    how about an ' before the =

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5

    Formulas

    Yea ... It worked !!!

    I appreciate the help BenjieLop and Don Guillett.

  6. #6
    Forum Contributor
    Houston, TX
    Thank you for the feedback ...