Excel Question: Can I add images to a drop down list box?

  1. #1
    Croucho
    Guest

    Excel Question: Can I add images to a drop down list box?

    Hey All,

    I was wondering if anyone knew a way to have a drop down box that was
    populated by images instead of straight text. Anyone out there have some
    insight they wouldn't mind sharing?

    Thanks,
    Croucho

  2. #2
    Mike
    Guest

    RE: Excel Question: Can I add images to a drop down list box?

    Pay some developers $100000 of dollars to come up with that excel addin.

  3. #3
    Michigan

    only if you know

    only if you know VBS and can get creative with objects
    Jay at
    http://www.mdotutorials.com

  4. #4
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Excel Question: Can I add images to a drop down list box?

    A trawl through Google archives surfaced this post by Bob Phillips
    where he provides the code to retrieve pictures
    via data validation seelctions to a location near the DV cell:

    http://tinyurl.com/degut

    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Excel Question: Can I add images to a drop down list box?

    Depending on what kind of pictures you need, one option is to create a
    combo box from the control toolbox, and use the Wingdings or Webdings
    font to display pictures.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  6. #6
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Excel Question: Can I add images to a drop down list box?

    Here's a link to a demo file with Bob's sub implemented:
    http://www.savefile.com/files/8341414
    File: Select n Retrieve Pictures using DV.xls

    (Still assuming, of course, that this is your underlying intent)
    --
    Rgds
    Max