Can't enter anything

  1. #1
    Corie Ruth
    Guest

    Can't enter anything

    I'm new working with excel. When i open up the program I have the 3
    worksheets, everyhting looks normal, except I can not enter any data at all.
    Most of the options on the file menu are in grey. I don't know what else to
    try please help me with my problem. Thanks

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Can't enter anything

    Corie: Do you have a legal, activated version?
    ************
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Corie Ruth
    Guest

    Re: Can't enter anything

    Yes it's legal, i'm sure it's activated. This isnt my computer though i'm
    just trying to learn how to use excel on my friends computer while she's out
    of town. I seen other worksheets that they have done, and when i opened them
    up to look at them you can't edit those either. Its not protected either I
    checked that to. When I went to activate at the top under help it didnt do
    anything, so i dont know what that means.

  4. #4
    JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]
    Guest

    Re: Can't enter anything

    It sounds like a trial version that's expired.

    --

    JoAnn Paules
    MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

  5. #5
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Can't enter anything

    I'm guessing but I would think help, help about Microsoft Excel
    would answer the question about Microsoft Product Activation. Does
    anyone know for sure or some direct indication.
    ---
    HTH,