[SOLVED] check if the text string start with a specific character

  1. #1
    September21
    Guest

    [SOLVED] check if the text string start with a specific character

    Hi,
    I want to know how do I check if the text string starts with a specific
    character in if statement.

    I used ...
    =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("v",'A2)),"OK","Not OK")

    But, the result for this argument returns the text string which includes "v"
    anywhere in the text string.
    I just want to the text string which begins with "v".

    How can I make it?

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: check if the text string start with a specific character

    Try: =IF(LEFT(TRIM(A2),1)="v","OK","Not OK")

    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: check if the text string start with a specific character

    =IF(LEFT(A2,1)="v","OK","Not OK")

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  4. #4
    September21
    Guest

    Re: check if the text string start with a specific character

    Thank you very much for your help!

  5. #5
    September21

  6. #6
    Max
    Guest

    Re: check if the text string start with a specific character

    You're welcome !
    --
    Rgds
    Max