Editing e-mail address brings up Outlook in Excel cell

  1. #1
    HT
    Guest

    Editing e-mail address brings up Outlook in Excel cell

    WindowsXP
    Excel 2003

    A user received an Excel spreadsheet of name and e-mail addresses. When I
    clicked in the cell that contained the e-mail address it launched a new mail
    message in Outlook with the e-mail address in the "To:" field.

    Is there any way to turn this off..I tried to make the cells all text but
    this did not help.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Editing e-mail address brings up Outlook in Excel cell

    You have to remove the underlying hyperlinks.
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ros M
    Guest

    RE: Editing e-mail address brings up Outlook in Excel cell

    This will only work one cell at a time, I think, but you can right-click the
    address, Highlight Hyperlink, then select Remove Hyperlink.