Getting hyperlinks

  1. #1
    horst
    Guest

    Getting hyperlinks

    Hi,
    I have in a cell (Excel 2002) a text with a hyperlink.
    How can I get in another cell this hyperlink (as simple text)?
    Thanks
    Horst

  2. #2
    George Gee
    Guest

    Re: Getting hyperlinks

    Copy the hyperlink to your new cell,
    right-click the copy > Hyperlink > Remove Hyperlink.

    The cell should now display ordinary text.

    George Gee

  3. #3
    horst
    Guest

    Re: Getting hyperlinks

    Thank you, but I want to get the hyperlink and not the text!
    Horst

  4. #4
    George Gee
    Guest

    Re: Getting hyperlinks

    I'm sorry horst, but I really cannot understand what it is you require!

    What does this hyperlink point to?
    A website, an email address, a place in an Excel workbook?

    Please try to give us some information, so that we may try to
    help you!

    In the meantime, try this:
    Type the text you require, in the cell you require.
    Right-click the cell, point to Hyperlink, and click and see if there is
    anything there that may be what you are looking for.
    Especially "Text to display", at the top.

    Or:
    Right-click your existing hyperlink, point to Hyperlink, and click,
    Have a look at "Text to display", at the top.

    George Gee

    horst wrote:
    > Thank you, but I want to get the hyperlink and not the text!
    > Horst
    >
    > On 27.09.2005 20:31, George Gee wrote:
    >
    >> Copy the hyperlink to your new cell,
    >> right-click the copy > Hyperlink > Remove Hyperlink.
    >>
    >> The cell should now display ordinary text.
    >>
    >> George Gee
    >>

    >> horst wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I have in a cell (Excel 2002) a text with a hyperlink.
    >>> How can I get in another cell this hyperlink (as simple text)?
    >>> Thanks
    >>> Horst

  5. #5
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Getting hyperlinks

    Try this, Horst:
    http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=227
    ************
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    horst
    Guest

    Re: Getting hyperlinks

    Thank you Anne, this is exactly what I was looking for!
    Horst

  7. #7
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Getting hyperlinks

    Horst

    If you just have a few of these you could do it manually.

    Activate the Web Toolbar from View>Toolbars.

    Click on the hyperlink in the cell to follow it.

    Copy the address/path from the Web address dialog.

    Paste it into Excel.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  8. #8
    Anne Troy