Hello once again and thank you.

  1. #1
    Ben
    Guest

    Hello once again and thank you.

    Here is my question. I am making a chart in which I enter various data in a
    number of columns. As time goes on, I am entering data farther down in the
    colums and so am unable to see their headings any longer. Is there any way
    for the column headings to be displayed without scrolling up to the top of
    the screen?
    I am using Excel 2002.
    Thank you sincerely to everyone who has been so helpful with all of my
    questions.

  2. #2
    George Gee
    Guest

    Re: Hello once again and thank you.

    Ben

    If your column headings are in Row 1,
    select A2 > Window > Freeze Panes.

    Your column headings should remain visible as you scroll down the sheet.

    HTH

    George Gee

  3. #3
    Ben
    Guest

    Re: Hello once again and thank you.

    Dear George:

    Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I am still unsure of exactly what
    to do. Am I selecting the A2 cell by right clicking? Or am I selecting
    something from a menu?

  4. #4
    George Gee
    Guest

    Re: Hello once again and thank you.

    Ben

    Assuming yor column headings are in row 1.
    Left click A2 once, to select it.
    On the top toolbar, click 'Window',
    then on the drop down menu, click 'Freeze Panes'.

    Row 1 should now remain visible, no matter how
    far down the worksheet you scroll.

    Hope this is clear!

    George Gee

  5. #5
    Ben
    Guest

    Re: Hello once again and thank you.

    Dear George:

    It was quite clear and worked perfectly. Thank you! (Sorry for the late
    response.)

    Ben