Modifying cell entries?

  1. #1
    ringo tan
    Guest

    Modifying cell entries?

    Hi all,

    I have a range of cells in a spreadsheet containing values, say cell A1 : C5.
    Example as follows:
    A B C
    1 100 100 100
    2 100 100 100
    3 100 100 100
    4 100 100 100
    5 100 100 100

    I often need to edit all the individual cells in the range to become
    "=100*86%" because i need to keep the original value in the cell as well as
    shown the resulted value in the cells too, in this case it is 86 (result
    after 100 multiple by 86 percent).

    How do i create a macro or custom functions in excel so that i dont need to
    repeat typing the "equal sign" before the original value and also adding
    "*86%" after the original value in all the cells of the mentioned range
    A1:C5. As it is time-consuming because there are 15 cells to modify in the
    range A1:C5 as mentioned.

    Thanks in advance.

    Regards,
    Tan

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Modifying cell entries?

    Hi

    Having entered =100*86% in Cell A1, all you need to do is
    Highlight the formula in the formula bar
    Copy
    Mark the range you want to copy to A1:C5
    Paste

    Regards

    Roger Govier

  3. #3
    JethroUK©
    Guest

    Re: Modifying cell entries?

    You wouldn't use the expression "=100*86%" - that would mean editing the
    cells everytime you need a new formula (hence your problem)

    you should use cell references = A1*$Z$10

    where A1 contains your value and Z10 contains your multiplier

    news:[email protected]...